Saturday, April 14

A little secret

A little secret I share with you.
A fortnight back I went to the ATM to withdraw some cash and left my old paint brushes there.
Purposely.
I didn't want to throw them and I had no use for them. So I left them there thinking someone would pick them up and use them.
Then yesterday I went to my bank. While I was filling out some papers, the guard from the ATM came up to me and said, he'd kept my paint brushes safely.
I have never spoken with the guard before.
It felt beautiful to be recognised.
And remembered as the girl who left her paint brushes!
So I smiled at hime.
My secret was out.
I told him why I'd left my brushes there on purpose.
He was a bit confused.
So I asked him to give the brushes to his children.
Lovely day, yesterday.
Lovely city, Ahmedabad, thank you for being so good to me.

7 comments:

SwB said...

you dont want to paint no more?

drifting leaf said...

i like you fingers :)...

100hands said...

That's the prettiest story I have heard in a long time...

Anonymous said...

Oh,I'm painting lots these days! Needed new brushes because the old ones were sloppy.
:)

Swapnil said...

:)

delhidreams said...

nice
feels good

Amogh said...

Bonita, i like this thing about u...:-)