Monday, November 14

...and all that Jazz..

I'm plagiarising my own work. Since I don't think anyone has read my first few posts, here's a copy pasted something. Old wine in older bottles is what I like.

I'm listening to Charles Mingus belting out 'Take the train'. Wonderful wonderful jazz, you make a great accompaniment on the silentest day. You mesmerise my night. You make me want to get up and dance, oh you wonderful crooner! I step on it, in my tap dance shoes and fading tutu. I am a dancer again! I swish and baloosh and swing in the air, I jump high and what's more...I begin to fly...

Anyone got an image (photograph, drawing, painting, doodle, or any other sort of visual,even a lithograph will do), please send it and I'll put it up with this bit on jazz.

picture courtesy avalonian












picture courtesy 4th dwarf

6 comments:

Avalonian said...

http://images.art.com/images/-/Majid-Kahhak/Double-Bass-Player--C10100947.jpeg

Check out the link.I think it's suitably colourful and Mingus-esque for your blog. Cheers!

Avalonian said...

...your welcome :)

coyote said...

And reading this, I think a little early Sonny Rollins would please you, too.

4th Dwarf said...

fingers, I attended a slow moving lecture today and was able to do this [larger version][smaller version]

It's no match for Avalonian's breathtaking piece.

ether said...

Thank you, 4th Dwarf! I love your drawing and would never compare it to any other.

Avalonian said...

Oh, i just sent Fingers a link Mr. Dwarf. You're truly authentic...me just a hack :D